Fresh on the heels of the High Holidays, Sukkot has always been my favorite holiday. From the time I was a little child and our family took out the (very) heavy Sukkah boards, I would just cherish the opportunity to decorate our “new home”. From school projects (recycled year after year), to endless paper chains, and as I grew older more complex and original additions, I just couldn’t wait to display my Sukkah creations.
As the years have passed and now I have a family of my own, my enthusiasm for Sukkah decorating has certainly not waned. Always on the lookout for new ideas, I try to impart to my children too, not be afraid to “think out of the box” and try to come up with something special and meaningful…. especially if it’s for the sake of the mitzvah of beautifying our Sukkah.
To help you along to add something “extra” to your Sukkah this year, I have compiled a number of ideas, some my own, others from a variety of DIY craft websites . These projects run the whole gamut, from easy classic ones to detailed ones, each certain to add to the Yom Tov spirit.
No time to Do It Yourself?? I have included a number of links to some Amazon products that will truly enhance your Sukkah this year.
As a side note, maybe I have Sukkah decorating in my genes…. My grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Neurath, began packaging ready made Sukkah chain strips in their house in Williamsburg some 60 years ago. Today, more than a half a century later, my uncle, Mr. Moshe Neurath owns Hygloss arts and crafts supplies, a very large distributor of craft products, that all began with Sukkah chains in the kitchen….
- Chic Hanging Vases by estherodesign.com
- Flowers in Bubbles by estherodesign.com
- DIY Hula Hoop Sukkah Chandelier by designmegillah.com
- DIY Sukkah Shelf by estherodesign.com
- Plastic Cup Chandelier by designmegillah.com
- Wax Paper Chandelier by freshly-picked.com
- Fish Scale Chandelier by Design Sponge
- Recycled Hanging Glass Chandelier by beachpetals.blogspot.com
- Martha Stewart Crafts Modern Festive Medium Pom-Poms
- Hanging Rosettes
- Mighty Bright Paper Chain Strips 1″X8″ 180/Pkg-Assorted Colors
- Fruit Chandelier
- Esrogim Chandelier
- Hanging Birds
- Hanging Violin Sukkah Decoration
- Ready to Hang Bling Chandelier
- Set of 6 Wall Tiles on Metal Rod
- Colorful Wind Chime
- Snowflake Stained Glass Frames
- Kotel Poster
Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check out all the links!
Come back soon – I will still be posting some more ideas before Sukkot.
For now, Happy Crafting!!!
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon, which means I earn a very small commission if you click and make a purchase. Thank you for supporting EstherO in this way.